The science of acoustics deals with sound in the built environment. Interior designers need to understand and be able to apply these basics for the NCIDQ Exam, on all three NCIDQ Exams.
The NCIDQ Interior Design Fundamentals Examination (IDFX)
The Interior Design Fundamentals Exam (IDFX) for 2021 tests your knowledge of:
- Programming and Site Analysis 10%
- Relationship between Human Behavior and the Designed Environment 10%
- Design Communication Techniques 10%
- Life Safety and Universal Design 20%
- Interior Building Finishes and Materials 10%
- Technical Specifications for Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment and Lighting 15%
- Construction Drawings, Schedules, and Specifications 20%
- Professional Development and Ethics 5%
Here are some examples of the types of topics covered per content area on the Interior Design Fundamentals Exam:
California transformed its fire safety standards by dropping the 1975 law that required foam used in furniture cushions to withstand a 12-second exposure to small, open flame.
Why should designers taking the NCIDQ Exam be concerned with Ergonomics? Spending a long hours hunched over in your workstation can cause problems for you in the long run.
We’ve found some tips to make four workplace items help ease you into a better posture, greater comfort, and better productivity in the office.