Exactly what you need to pass the NCIDQ Exam IDFX
Prepare for the Council of Interior Design Qualification Exam. Test your recall of the IDFX content while simulating the computer-based testing format in timing and delivery.
- 3 hours timed
- 125 questions
- Correct answers and explanations
- Building systems
- Construction Standards
- Design Application
Other practice tests have fewer questions and only let you take the test once –
You can take our test as many times as you want.
- Delivered from a pool of more than 600 questions
- Random questions & answers – no two testing sessions are exactly the same
- See your answers, the correct answers, and explanations with a printable and emailed report
Get more value from your practice, and make it more convenient
– study anywhere, anytime you’re online.
“Got my IDFX and IDPX results – I passed both tests and will become certified on my first attempt on all sections!”
“I passed both IDFX and IDPX with flying colors! The Qpractice practice tests were fantastic study tools, and they were a great predictor of my scores.”
Qpractice IDFX Study Plan + Practice Test
Get both for only $147
Step 1. Follow the Qpractice Study Plan to review the Interior Design Fundamentals content areas. Get answers to your questions in our online members-only study group and Live Office Hours.
Step 2. Next, prep for the exam by taking timed online IDFX practice tests to simulate the exam experience.
The Qpractice NCIDQ Exam Study Plan is a self-paced program to review for the NCIDQ Exam IDFX Exam. You can work at your own pace, or follow along with our calendar schedule.
Here’s what’s included:
- Get lifetime 24/7 access to the full Qpractice study plan for the NCIDQ Interior Design Fundamentals Exam for 1 exam season (120 days). Get 6 modules organized to help you cover the NCIDQ Content Areas using the Interior Design Reference Manual, David Kent Ballast, Sixth Edition (You’ll need to purchase a copy).
- Get unlimited 24/7 access to the Qpractice NCIDQ Exam IDFX Practice Test online, for 1 exam season (120 days).
- Learn with online IDFX Content Area Quizzes, 15 questions each – perfect when you don’t have time to devote to a full practice exam.
- Get answers to your most frequent questions at Live Office Hours with recordings available for members only. Discover what may be holding you back – we’ll look at study strategies, and uncover your biggest hurdles.
- Plan your time with the Qpractice Study Schedule and email support so you can cover all the reading and review.
- Get exclusive 24/7 access to our private members only study group during your membership term.
- Share tips and study with a community that has the same goals and understands the same challenges you face. You won’t have to study alone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reviewing for the IDFX and IDPX takes a lot of reading.
Our study schedule leaves you some time free on the weekends to catch up or take a break.
Then you will need to spend some time after your reading with a practice test. Based on what you missed, spend some extra time going over that material. Then test again. You can take our practice test unlimited times throughout the testing season.
That said – if your schedule is tight – don’t worry. Plan ahead, and study when it is convenient for you.
The Qpractice tests are designed to prepare you for the experience of taking the exam in both timing and delivery.
While you can certainly take a break during the test, just like the real exam – you cannot stop the timer.
You can, however take the test as many times as you want; you will just get a different random batch of questions next time.
We designed our practice tests to simulate the actual exam experience for you. Plan to spend the same amount of time as on exam day.
If you want to spend less time, take the content area quizzes, they are 15 questions each.
You will have unlimited 24/7 access to your practice test for the entire term of your purchase period, at any time of day or night.
You can take both the practice tests and content area quizzes as many times as you want.
Qpractice full study plan members get lifetime access to everything for as long as they need it.
We created Qpractice to make studying for the NCIDQ easy and convenient.
Here’s what you need:
Computer with internet access and updated web browser.
We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome – Free for Mac or PC.
For Office Hours – if your internet connection speed or quality does not support streaming audio/video, don’t worry – everything is recorded.
Most features of our website and emails can even be viewed from your mobile device or iPad, and you may use your iPad for Office Hours, also.
The NCIDQ Exam is not scored like a typical exam.
The NCIDQ Exam is scaled with scores from 200 (0 correct) to 800 (all correct), with the minimum passing score set at 500. Then they use statistical analysis to ensure that each administration are equal.
Because it does not make sense to score a practice test the same way, Qpractice allows you to retake your test over and over again. You can see the percentage of questions you got correct, as well as the correct answers and explanations for each question.
If you’re scoring 80 – 90% you’re doing well, 40 – 50% – you need to study more.
No, but our questions cover the same content areas as provided by NCIDQ.
While it is unlikely that any question would be identical, you may see some similar questions.
Qpractice’s tests cover the exam content areas in same proportion of questions per content area as the actual exam.
Our members who have taken both versions, and the IDFX & IDPX felt that we covered similar content and difficulty level. Many preferred that you could take our tests more than once.